Thursday, September 18, 2008

Imitation = Flattery?

This will not be a new comparison for some, especially since it's Nine West back in the hot seat.

These Nine West Lecia peep-toe slingbacks are very simple with classic shape and a pinkish-nude tone on a slight platform. It's definitely not new to me... I actually have these.



But they are very close to Louboutin's platform peep-toes. The Louboutin slingback strap is a bit more elegant and the color is more of a true nude but the inspiration is obviously there.



The shape of both is a very classic one and Nine West hasn't gone as far as putting on a red sole, so I guess that is good. I have to admit I haven't worn my Lecia pair all that often. I'm pretty pale and I sometimes get a bit weirded out by how much the shoe actually blends into my leg.

I know there is a trend for that "invisible" look but I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. I bought my pair because I liked the light pink tone but it can be a bit challenging to work with. I need to give them another review to see how I can get some more wear out of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I am intrigued by this idea of it blending with my legs. Mostly because I want a nude heel, and I think I may want it to kind of do that.

Anonymous said...

yeah, this is a tough one, because the patent peeptoe slingback has been around for a while.

that said, most all ninewest's shoes are rip off's of some form or another. too bad they err on the side of frumpiness or i'd be so in love with their shoes.