Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Air Up There

I think I've mentioned before that I am a complete sucker for certain heel shapes. Vintage La Rose are the classic 60s shape, Choo does a great heel with a squared off tap at the bottom and, of course many of Louboutin's heels are great as well.

But my new favorite is from Manolo Blahnik.

Big surprise, I know, given that I'm such a fan but when the "Something Blue" heel was introduced I was drawn to the heel immediately.



Not only is it tall and slender (both pluses in my book) but it has this great addition of a metal accent right above the tap. Shiny silver, paired with the blue, grabs the light as you walk.



I wasn't sure if this would be a one-off element as the shoe was designed for the SATC movie but I'm glad to see that it was not.

This new pair of Catalina heeled sandals are sporting the same accent, but this time in gold to match with the bright tangerine.





I'm not sure if the metal is purely decorative or if it provides an extra level of structural support. Either way, I like how the square-ish heel is offset by the round tap and that the metal calls attention to it.

Anything that draws attention to lovely shoes is okay with me.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love the orange shoes! I don't think I would have ever noticed that metal piece on either of those shoes if you hadn't pointed it out!

Unknown said...

you lucky ;)
I wish I had a pair of manolo!

MISS GLITZY said...

You're right, anything that draws attention worth it. And I love the blue one. How do you feel with exchanging links? I think we've got a lot in common.