Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eeeewwww!!!!

I have, in the past, give a few begrudging props to the Jessica Simpson line of shoes. Not only is it not the Paris Hilton line (shudder!) but that must have a decent designer on staff because some of her shoes are pretty cute. I really do hate to admit it because I can't stand the girl or anything she wears. Which I take to mean she has little to do with the pieces that fall under her name.

But maybe she's trying to get more involved now, because that's the only thing that can explain this monstrosity.




I'm sure there are ladies out there who love this (and I actually kind of like the heel/sole of it) but the whole picture just completely turns me off. It just looks way too clunky and overdone.

Bah!

Take it away and bring back your original designer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Something isn't right. That shoe looks like it should be broken up into two separate shoes. The heel/sole does NOT go with the body whatsoever. Tisk tisk, Jessica Simpson shoe designers.

Light Stealer said...

Arrrgh. Horrible!!

PS: I have to admit that I really like this pair by JS: http://karlascloset.blogspot.com/2008/12/sunny-day.html

Anonymous said...

It would be cute if it were a bootie, and didn't have studs around the base of the leather. Then I'd be all over them, and pretend they were like, Chloe knock-offs.

Anonymous said...

Poochie what do you think of her "Gusla"? It's the one with the cut out platform. I hate to admit it but I like the silvery white one... Sort of... Actually I secretly love it but my hubby says it looks like a stripper shoe LOL. What is your opinion? PS new commenter but long time reader!

Poochie said...

LightStealer, those are an interesting mix of materials and the same shoe Dorie mentions too (I think the acrylic is better than the wood version) but she's leveraging some recent trend.

I'd probably kill myself wearing it though!

Dorie - Welcome and thanks for commenting!

Luv
Poochie

Frankie said...

Wow, that is one hideous shoe! x

WendyB said...

I don't despise it. Mind you, I don't like it either. I'm indifferent. Some people say indifference is worse than hate. But I'm indifferent to those people.