Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Greener Pastures

It hasn't been that long since Isaac Mizrahi left us bereft at Target and moved on to new adventures at Liz Claiborne.

I for one was skeptical. I mean, wasn't Liz Claiborne the brand that was known for the bad taupe purses in the 80s. Right?

In spite of that Mizrahi has moved right in and brought his frothy pink and retro girly designs to life. The elements I loved at Target are now being made with nicer materials to go with the slightly higher price point.

I'm pretty cheap about clothes but I did buy a few of his new pieces via the online store.

First up was this silk shirtdress in a watercolor floral pattern.








I love the colors and pattern so much, I got the silk and knit cardigan as well.






But what I really liked were all of the great skirts on the site. This plaid pleated skirt came in pink and the grey. I'm going to wear this a lot over the summer with a grey tee and silver heels, but can pair it with darker grey or black tights in the winter too.






But why not get the pleated skirt in pink too, since I love pink? Well, I saw this and knew there was no competition. I had to have this gingham dirndle skirt. This skirt is amazing in person. The top layer is a watercolor gingham plain on whisper thin silk. Under that is a layer of tulle and then a stiffer liner that gives the skirt a frothy full shape. I twisted and swished and twirled around in it all day. It has such a 50s-ish feel, I just want to slip on a knit top or cardigan and dance.







I'm so excited that, even though he's gone from Target, Isaac is still out there making clothes that I can buy. I may not be able to get them as often but I hope they continue to be as fun as these.

4 comments:

Ashe Mischief said...

I'm SUPER impressed with these pieces! I could see myself incorporating them in my wardrobe for days I'm feeling a bit softer & more romantic...

WendyB said...

All cute pieces and definitely the pink is very you!

Robin said...

Love the shirt dress, and thank you - would have never thought to look at liz claiborne otherwise

Light Stealer said...

Love the cardi and the pink skirt...