Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hey, Sparkler! What's So Great About You?

It's time for another sparkly Sparkler!!!!



And who do we have with us today? None other than the talented Mary from Pretty Good Things (a favorite of mine!!!)



She does amazing adorable hair pieces but don't just listen to me, let's let the lady speak for herself...

Thanks for asking me to do this. It was harder than I thought! Everyone should try making these lists - it's good to remind yourself of things you take for granted or to find the positive in your life. Why not celebrate why you think you're great and how your life is great once in a while? Have you made a list?

Here you go:

* I love making, crafting, fixing, drawing, sewing, painting, DIYing...and I think I am pretty good at these things.

* I believe in biorhythms, sort of.

* So far, getting older is pretty awesome. The past few years have shown me that - hey! guess what? It's my life! I've observed how life falls into place without a struggle when I honor myself, listen to my heart and let me be me. I've learned I can do things I that I once thought were beyond me - and I can do them well (surprise!). I've also figured out that when I honor myself I make more genuine work. It shows and in the end it is better for this reason. I am looking forward to growing into a stronger more confident individual who sees the positive side of life and rolls with the punches on the daily. Because everything works out in the end!

* I am good at thinking in pictures. This is a problem when I can see the image of an object but can't find the word for a couple seconds.

* Rainbows and anything iridescent or sparkly makes me extra happy and makes me feel like I am 8. Baby animals (especially kitties) or excessively tiny or gigantic things also make me extra happy (especially if these excessively tiny or gigantic things are of normal sized objects.)

* I've accomplished most of my "what do you want to be when you grow up" list: artist, seamstress (my term at 6 was sew-er) and model (it counts even if it is for my own business, right?). Maybe we should all listen to our little selves...

* I have my own personal alarm clock in the form of my cat, Simon. He also tucks me in at night.

* I've managed to keep a hold of some of my bestest friends for around 20 years. I am pretty lucky because they are genuine, kind, generous, smart, hilarious and basically totally awesome.

* I get to crack up at least once a day because I have a hilarious boyfriend who also fits the friend description as mentioned above.

- Mary P.


Love it! Love it! Love it!


Okay... who's next?!? Come on, Sparkler, Spill it!

No comments: