Friday, September 24, 2010

Bubblegum Plastic: Review - Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick #22 Paris



I am not a huge make-up person.  I don't wear a lot and I'm not good with experimentation or pushing the boundaries on color.  I just don't have the face for it.  So I typically go for pretty colors and simple looks.  I love mascara and a good lipstick and gloss.  I have recently started trying out the L'oreal Studio Secrets primer, maybe dot on some Prescriptives custom base (which I've been using for 15+ years) and a dusting of translucent powder.

I don't spend a lot on eyeshadow or powder, etc., but I do like to splurge a bit on lipstick.  And my favorite is Chanel.



As you can see, I have quite a few.  The big problem is that I tend to fall in love with a shade and then find out it was a seasonal limited color and have to try and find replacements. Then I hoard the little amount I have left, doling it out only on special occasions. 

The most recent color I fell for was the Chanel Rouge Coco #22 "Paris".  

I saw this vibrant, almost fuchsia, pink on Sandra Bullock at the Oscars this year and had to track down that pink.


There was quite a run on the color but I eventually got my tube.. and it is bright!


The range comes in colors from browns to pinks to corals perfect for the looks seen in the Spring 2011 shows.  I may go and check out the brownish-pink "Mademoiselle" and just got the coraly-red #58 "Audace" (to be reviewed soon).



I find this color to be very intense going on out of the tube.  It's soft and moisturizing but not overly creamy.  This color has a real shine to it.  It's not shimmery at all. 

When I combine this with my bright red hair it's kind of a contrast, so I like to blot it.  You still get quite a good pink but not so in your face.  I can stop there if I want to keep a matte look but I usually layer this with a darker toned lipstick or top with a slightly more coral gloss.
 
Blotted only

This time I topped the Paris with the Chanel Glossimer #197 "Gazelle", which is a shimmery peach.

With "Gazelle" Glossimer

I luvvvv the Glossimers too! My favorite is #15 "Spark".

 

 I find it challenging to buy make-up, especially lipstick.  The tube never gives you a real look at the color or the feel or the application.  They need to sell more mini-tubes like perfume samples so you could wear it a time or two before you commit.

I've received a few samples of products including toners, lotions and nail polish, as well as a few new make-up items I've bought.  I plan on doing more reviews so keep an eye out for the Bubblegum Plastic banner.

5 comments:

Tam said...

Chanel does my very fav lipsticks! They are very very underrated I think, I just love them so much! Currently there are 5 colours I want, oh if I weren't but a poor student!
Where did you get that box? I'm looking for a travel friendly way to store my lippies and can't really find any!
Thanks so much =)

Laurie - Shorts said...

Love your blog here. I've enjoyed reading a few of your posts, and will be back for more.

Lisa said...

I've only gotten into lipsticks this year and 2 of 5 I own are Chanel. The colours are beautiful (flattering and rich, not too shimmery, very sophisticated) and the formula feels creamy and moisturizing on the lips. Love!

Midtown Girl said...

This color looks so LUSH on you!! I usually use neutrals so it's less maintenance to wear thru out the day - but this color is divine!

Poochie said...

Pipsy - I bought that case a while back at Target. I can't read the brand but it was not very fancy, costing less than $30.