Monday, September 13, 2010

Sneak Peeks

My time is almost up here in New York and the days have flown by so quickly.  I don't feel I've accomplished nearly enough in the brief time I've spent... I always plan far more that I can ever get to. 

I flew in on Thrusday and after finally getting settled into the hotel, was able to change and then run over to the IFB cocktail party.  Everyone said the conference was great.  While I only made it to the end party it's always fun to see so many of my friends in person.  After the party, my friend Christine and I had dinner with Tina from Violetville Vintage and her team member, Elizabeth at Blossom, which was great and a must-do on my list for the trip.

The next day started out bright and early at the new fashion week location.  I had to run over to pick up my creds at 8:30am before my first show at 9.  I was cutting it close but the new Fashion GPS process to check in was pretty simple.  I think there have been some issues and maybe an adjustment period, but the new computerized process worked well for me.  The one thing that I'm not a fan of is that it making for closer in confirmations to shows, which for attendees can make it harder to plan your schedule.


I went to four shows/presentations that day (more dedicated posts to follow), some in the main Lincoln Center show spaces and some off-site.  I particularly liked the Nautica menswear show... and not just because of the cute men and appetizers!


That night we went to Pure Food and Wine for dinner. If you are in the city, you have to make reservations.  The food is amazing and the back garden area is so relaxing.  It was cool enough to make you want to stay there for ours surrounded by the trees and fairy lights.

But I didn't want to cram only fashion into this trip.  I've really wanted to get back to do a more indepth viewing of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of my favorite museums.  Last time I only was able to see the first floor.  This time we spent almost 6 hours there and probably didn't see everything. 


After walking for hours we needed a little break and some fresh fruit, raspberry sorbet and a prosecco were in order.   While that helped to revive us, it was really dinner and Candle 79 that capped the evening.  The hubby and I had eaten there in December and I've been really wanting to go back... it was worth the wait with an amazing pecan-crusted seitan appetizer for me and a Moraccan chick-pea dish for Christine.


On Sunday I had a secret visit to Bergdorfs (more to follow on that later too) and then ran downtown to have lunch with a whole group of my fellow bloggers.  Some I knew and some I met in person for the first time.  Those are always so fun. Putting a face to Twitter name is great!

Sunday basically rained all day so I was walking all over in the rain. I passed through Little Italy on my way to grab some vegan cupcakes from Babycakes.  I trudged back carrying a half dozen and probably looked crazy.



That night was dinner with Wendy Brandes, Jennine from The Coveted and Celine, The Shoe Girl, plus her lovely sister.  We ate pizza, drank some wine and generally got rowdy discussing fetish sites and Family Guy... typically fashion blogger stuff right?

Now it's my last day and I need to grab a cupcake for breakfast and get my butt in gear and do some work! I haven't even had time to shop (okay, maybe just one Tom Ford lipstick, but that's it, I swear!)

Back to the shows!

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I can't wait to get rich from our new site. Celine's high arch guarantees us lots of business!

Artfully Awear said...

It was great running into you again this year at the conference! I hope you enjoyed your time in New York and got to see some fabulous shoes. Take care!

Tricia said...

Nautica was totally enjoyable - they do preppy so damn cute.