Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In Their Shoes

I just watched this video, "The Shoes of NYFW" created by Textbook for Lucky.


 
The Shoes of NYFW from John Jannuzzi on Vimeo.

While it's always fun to see what shoes people are wearing, especially to Fashion Week where they're showing off their favorites (or at least those they think will grab attention), what I most noticed are how many people don't really seem comfortable in their shoes.

It's actually a bit funny to me.  I bring heels with me to New York but I wear them very little as I go around the city.  And it took one day at NYFW to convince me that there was no way I was going to wear heels all day.  Walking, waiting, carrying gift bags and equipment, there's a lot going on and not a lot that's easy on your feet.  

If you can't walk in them, don't wear them.  Or at least plan a quick getaway strategy and a pair of back-up flats!


No comments: