Friday, November 2, 2012

Flutter into my Dreams

The borders between whimsical, quirky and odd can be pretty thin. Especially when you are dealing with concept work.  But I love that Alberto Guardiani and i-D Magazine are open to exploring in that region.

Last year their Cinderthriller design contest brought us the lipstick heel.  I especially love the mesh version with the crystal embellished tube.



And this year's judges made a great selection in the Flutterby pump created by Lady San Pedro.


These heels are adorable and I can't wait to get my hands on them!





Now take my money!

2 comments:

Catherine LaPointe said...

Those shoes are just fantastic! Wish I could create something like that, but sadly all the paint in the world won't hold those heels up.

Really excellent!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yep, these are definitely impressive. Hm... but I guess they've got a clear platform with the butterfly wing painted on it and sculptured at the edge. Looks lkie it, but I'am not sure. What do you think?
http://stylishsparrow.wordpress.com/