Friday, April 19, 2013

Running Around

So... I'm in the market for a pair of running shoes.



My current sneakers are a pair of New Balance 441s and they're pretty good.  I've bought New Balance for a while and been happy enough.  I did get a pair of Merrells with the Vibram soles but I'm not 100% sold on wearing them on pavement/sidewalks.

I've always had a crappy knee and I do have an ankle that likes to surprise give out on me due to an old torn ligament.

Any ideas or suggestions to look for?

4 comments:

T said...

The absolute best thing to do is go to a running store and have someone fit you for shoes. A good running store will have a trained staff who will watch you walk/run and make suggestions tailored to your physiology. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am not a runner or even a walker, but I have a couple of pairs of Nike Free shoes. They're light as a feather, super comfortable (it seems like everything hurts my feet), and cute. $100 at Nordstrom.

WendyB said...

I need new ones too!

Mahogany said...

Since you need a lot of support on account of that tricky ankle, I'd suggest getting a pair of either Defyance 6 running shoes by Brooks or Hyper-Track Guide running shoes by The North Face. The pair of Brooks will give you a good balance of both support, rigidity, and cushioning. The pair of track guides were designed to hold up whether you need to run to the store or run a triathlon on rocky roads or whatever. They're a solid pair of running shoes. I hope that helps Poochie :).